When I started this blog, my goal was to post at least once a week. Now almost a month has passed since my last post. I’m super-duper behind.
Do you ever have a season of your life where you are just busy all the time? Yeah, I’m there. Every fall seems to fly by with school beginning, fall sports taking up 2-3 nights a week, the anticipation of falling leaves, cooler weather, fun holidays, etc.
Sometimes we need to just stop.
**Pause… take a moment… close your eyes… take a deep breath***
No, really. I want you to do this.
See, life carries on, just where you left off – even when you take a moment for yourself. I need this more often.
All the busyness and hustle of my day to day seem to consume my life during this season. I’ve watched my kids grow from, well, kids, to young men and women. It happened so fast.
Not only am I busy, but I also tend to let “stuff” fill up my days. I have a mental checklist I go through daily. It’s become more of a habit.
- Keep up my current Snapstreak (I’m 550+ days strong here… that takes effort! Can’t lose that)
- Check all 10 email accounts… which inevitably sends me to a link that peaks my interest, which leads me to the web, which reminds me of something on Facebook.
- While I scan through Facebook, I might as well go ahead and browse through all the rest of my social media too…Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Oh, and what about that funny thing that happened at lunch today… I really should add that to my InstaStory… because we all need a good laugh once in a while. *take a picture… re-take picture at a better angle…and then waste an additional 10 minutes to find the right filter to make it pretty and def need to add related GIFs.
- While I’m on my story, I’ll just browse through the rest of these stories. *30 min later….*
Do you see a pattern? I do.
Social media is my downfall. I get sucked in and don’t know where to stop. I recently answered the question in a blogger interview where she asked, “What is your kryptonite?” Oh, that was an easy answer. Social Media.
What’s gets in the way of life for you? I find myself constantly saying, “Just one more minute and I’ll be done” in the evenings. I need to take more breaths. More moments with my children. To relish in the fact that they are almost adults and I’ll have my time later on… but for now, I need not let my kryptonite get in the way of life.
Want to read the interview I mentioned? Here’s the link: https://onemorepaige.com/2018/09/24/author-interview-k-leah/